This will be a leadership role, engaging with and supporting our management line, also, a key person in a project team that will deploy group strategy in Romania.
This is not just an advisory position and you will have the opportunity to shape this role and bring your expertise to a number of governance and policy areas across the organization.
You will also have the opportunity to lead strategic projects and be the decision maker on key initiatives.
This role calls for a strong background in banking, governance and licensing, together with exceptional credentials and expertise gained in a relevant company or/and commercial organization with complex governance and licensing frameworks, payments, digital area (KYC, electronic signature, e-money, online payments, outsourcing.
- Senior legal with 5+ years in banking industry
- Management experience at least 2 years
- Extensive proven in-house commercial experience at a high level with experience in drafting and advising on a broad range of commercial agreements.
- A proven ability to influence and advise at board level
- The ability to work at pace, manage and prioritize a demanding workload, provide practical and commercially viable legal advice and recommended courses of action and to manage a team of lawyers.
- Compliance and regulatory experience regarding: GDPR, consumer law, banking, digital banking, etc.
- Provision of legal and commercial support, advice and guidance to all levels of the business up to board level and handling a broad range of commercial and regulatory issues influencing the business.
- The successful candidate will be expected to understand the business's operations, key short term and long-term objectives and private equity shareholder needs.
- Negotiating at a senior level for high value and complex agreements and disputes, the Head of Legal will be expected to assimilate and analyses information quickly, providing both commercial and strategic advice on legal and operational issues.
- Operating at pace with potentially conflicting priorities, the post holder will be expected to work at board level providing high level summaries, clear conclusions and suggested courses of action.
- Contract negotiation and management the End-To-End Legal Department processes.
- Supporting the company’s teams, drafting and reviewing business proposals ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts from all areas of the business, including but not limited to, franchising, licensing, concessions, technology, logistics and general commercial matters to meet business objectives at targeted deadlines.
- Reviewing and providing advice on banking and finance documents, corporate acquisitions and reorganizations;
- Supporting the setup of overseas corporate entities, branches, offices, services suppliers.
- Expertise in civil law (commercial also), financial & fiscal law, labour law, NBR, ANPC & ANSPDCP regulations
- Advising the company on consumer/ retail law, on marketing and advertising standards including legal requirements for e-marketing, press publications, misleading advertising, marketing and IT rights areas.
- Managing an intellectual property portfolio, including new registrations and renewals
- Taking and defending actions or disputes, with the support of external advice where required
- Product approval legal feedback
- Legal analysis/research/approval/opinion, drafting and closing on internal procedures, contracts, other documents
- Trade Registry activities, Intellectual property, Data protection, keeping the relationship with all public authorities impacting our activity
- Competitive salary + annual bonuses after performance evaluation
- Meal tickets
- Medical insurance
- Bookster membership
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to be part of an international growing company